COVID-19 information and advice for your business
The government COVID-19 website is the best single point of truth for health and pandemic response information as well as business support and latest updates, including about how businesses are currently able to trade.
If you feel unwell or require COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Healthline team (for free) on 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453 for international SIMs.
Key information for businesses
- Financial support, including the government wage subsidy- see information about the support available for businesses here
- We are currently at Level 2 - find out more about the guidelines for operating at Level 2
- Commercial leases and mortgages - Government has made some temporary law changes to support commercial tenants and landlords impacted by COVID-19 and make it easier to retain lease arrangements and get back to business as usual. More information and guidance can be found here.
- The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) has created a centralised online portal of government information relating to coronavirus and how it may affect your business including information on tax obligations, travel, health and safety, education, exporting and importing along with advice for employers.
- We have put together a brief, downloadable information sheet about the support available for businesses in English, simplified Chinese and Korean:
Advice for businesses
Businesses with specific questions or professional support requirements will find a wealth of resources available, including those below:
We are working with Grant Thornton and Buddle Findlay to offer legal and accounting advice for small city centre businesses in need of guidance during the four-week lockdown period
Free Business advisory services are available through the Regional Business Partnership Network (RBPN) programme
EMA (Employers and Manufacturers Association)
FAQs with an overview of commonly asked questions
A detailed dashboard with important information about business continuity, government support and more
A facebook group in partnership with Business NZ, where the business community can share information and ask questions
Webinars addressing the most common questions they’re hearing
Call the EMA Advice Line on 0800 300 362 for free advice on employment relations and HR matters.
- Business NZ has a helpline 0800 543 543 for advice on contractual and financial matters
- ATEED has advice about Business Continuity Planning and resilience as well as financial and cashflow management - click here.
- Manaaki - a place for businesses to access free advice from leading local and international business people - with over 80 experts in their field ready help.
- Keep NZ Working talent portal - supported by MSD, this centralised tool enables redeployment of workers from employers temporarily unable to sustain their workforce into organisations who most urgently require a larger on. You can see a demo video here or contact Deloitte for more information.
Page updated 29 April 2020