Recent media coverage
We are actively advocating on behalf of Albert Street businesses and have spoken both privately with Auckland Council and the Government, as well as publicly in the media, about how to better support businesses seriously affected by CRL construction.
Here are some of the recent media stories on this issue that we have been involved with.
- Stuff NZ, 1 October 2019: City Rail Link: Albert St businesses take fight to Parliament, launch petition
- NZ Herald, 1 October 2019: Petition launched to save businesses struggling to survive $4.4b City Rail Link works
- NZ Herald, 10 October 2019: Delayed City Rail Link taking enormous toll on businesses impacted by its construction
- NZ Herald, 15 October 2019: Viv Beck: Albert St City Rail Link works are disruptions of biblical proportions
- NZ Herald, 18 October 2019: Prime Minister invited to visit small businesses facing ruin from $4.4b City Rail Link
Older media coverage...
- NZ Herald, 30 July 2019 - Auckland Mayor Phil Goff flags financial help for businesses affected by Auckland's $4.4 billion City Rail Link
- NZ Herald, 25 July 2019 - Prime Minister being dragged into financial help for businesses facing ruin from $4.4b City Rail Project
- Newshub, 23 July 2019 - 'Families have been shattered': Compensation refused for businesses impacted by City Rail Link construction
- NZ Herald, 20 July 2019 - Goff and Twyford side-step a call to show 'human decency' for struggling businesses affected by City Rail Link