Heart of the City’s reason for being is to support a successful city centre, and an important part of this is our economy. This means measuring and monitoring the economic performance of our area is a priority for us.
Measures and resources
Some of the key measures and resources that we refer to regularly - and that businesses and people interested in the city may find interesting – are shown below.
- Heart of the City retail spending results
For trends in retail spending in the city centre and consumer categories.
- Infometrics’ Auckland city centre economic profile
Statistics NZ figures for city centre GDP, employment, productivity, and business numbers.
- ATEED Auckland Index and Growth Monitor
Auckland regional data on measures like the crane count, confidence index and GDP.
- Statistics NZ business demography statistics
Detailed information about NZ businesses including size, sector and location.
- Colliers property reports
Monthly prime office and retail vacancy data and detailed reports for sectors like hotels.