Restaurant Month returns for 2023 - get involved!
We’re excited to bring Restaurant Month back to the city centre between 1- 31 August 2023 and restaurants offering table service within our boundary can get involved!
Lemongrass Productions is our official event manager for Restaurant Month and will work directly with businesses to confirm their involvement. Questions and queries can be directed to Natalie Tan at 09 377 9224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How businesses can take part in Restaurant Month 2023
Submitting a special menu to be promoted during the event is the first step. After that, businesses can explore the other opportunities to take part - such as hosting their own event, creating an offer for Social Hour or serving a Sunday Lunch.
Put on a special menu
Businesses design a dinner menu, or a lunch and dinner special menu/s priced at $30, $45 or $55+ per person. The menus can be different for lunch and dinner or remain the same.
Businesses with multiple restaurants will need to make separate submissions for each venue.
The following elements need to be considered:
- Is good value and unique to Restaurant Month.
- A minimum of two courses (entrée and main or main and dessert).
- A maximum of three options per course.
- Available on the days your restaurant is open and the duration of Restaurant Month 2023.
- If you’re open in the evening, provide a dinner menu first – lunch is optional.
- Include an alcoholic – or non-alcoholic drink match.
Drink matches need to be from one of Restaurant Month's official partners. They are:
- Water partner: Sanpellegrino and Acqua Panna.
- Spirits partner: Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Bacardi Rum, and Patron Tequila.
- Wine partner: Procure Wine Merchants.
- Include high-res photos of your dishes (if available) with your submission.
- Please note that only the ingredients of special menus can be changed after submission. Not the price points.
Special menus need to be submitted online before Sunday 5 pm, 25 June 2023 via this portal here.
Other opportunities available:
Serve a Sunday Lunch
A new series for 2023, design a celebratory lunch to be offered every Sunday during Restaurant Month. Priced to suit the selected menu and venue. Submit your offer in the portal before 5 pm, Sunday 25 June 2023.
Create an offer for Social Hour
This year, Social Hour is presented by Grey Goose Vodka, along with supporting brands Bombay Sapphire Gin, Bacardi Rum, and Patron Tequila.
Businesses can offer special cocktails matched to food dishes at a price point of $25 per person (minimum two people) between Tues -Thurs 5 pm -7 pm. Submit your offer in the portal before 5 pm, Sunday 25 June 2023.
Social Hour cocktails need to feature at least one of the aforementioned spirit products.
Put on your own event
Got an idea that would be perfect for Restaurant Month? Or do you need help coming up with a concept? Lemongrass Productions can help with both. Email Natalie Tan at email@example.com if you are interested, and submit your final details before 5 pm, Monday 12 June 2023.
Restaurant Month 2023 Drink Partners:
We'd like to welcome this year's Restaurant Month partners, who are supporting the special menus and offers with their great products:
- Sanpellegrino and Acqua Panna
- Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Bacardi Rum, and Patron Tequila
- Procure Wine Merchants
To discuss beverage matches and options, please contact:
Sanpellegrino and Acqua Panna:
Jack Wharton (Federal Merchants & Co)
021 662 569 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Bacardi Rum, and Patron Tequila:
Jenn Wong (Lion Co)
021 562 536 | email@example.com
Procure Wine Merchants:
Naomi Harris (Procure Wine)
021 984 100 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Dates for 2023:
5 pm, 12 June: Submissions for businesses to host/manage their own events close.
5 pm, 25 June: Submissions close for:
- Special month-long menus
- Social Hour offers
- Sunday Lunch menu
Early July: Restaurant Month campaign launches.
1 – 31 August 2023: Restaurant Month is live.
Proudly supported by Auckland Council and the city centre targeted rate