Membership: being part of Heart of the City
Auckland’s city centre is home to the largest business community in New Zealand, generating around 20% of the region’s GDP in less than 1% of its area.
Who can become a member?
Businesses and commercially-rated property owners within our boundary are eligible to be members of Heart of the City, at no cost, and there’s lots of benefits to being involved. Feel free to get in touch if you're just outside our boundary and interested in what we do.
How we can support you
We champion a successful city centre for businesses like yours. We work to make sure Auckland’s city centre is a vibrant, exciting place to live, work and visit and to spread the word about it.
We do this by:
- Attracting visitors and creating vibrant places through destination marketing, events and placemaking initiatives.
- Supporting and advocating for business needs across a diverse range of topics.
- Reporting on city centre performance metrics to support business and investment.
- Supporting a safe and accessible place.
The benefits of becoming a member of Heart of the City
- Be listed on our business and consumer-facing website.
- Get involved in our events and marketing - annual and one-off campaigns and events and our everyday marketing activity.
- Keep informed through regular newsletters.
- Find out more about Heart of the City and how we operate here.
- The rules of membership are included in our constitution.
- Want to find out more or have a question? We'd love to hear from you - find out how to get in touch here.