One of the many ways to get into Auckland’s city centre for work or play is by driving. Here’s some information about the different parking options available.
On-Street and Parking Building Rates
Convenient, accessible and fairly priced parking is available in the city centre, both in parking buildings and on the street, making it easy to access the area by car.
- On-street pay and display parking is available throughout the city centre. You can pay for parking using the AT Park app or a parking machine. You can view city centre parking zones and rates here
- Parking buildings
- Weekdays - Auckland Transport offer capped weekday (6am - 6pm) rates as below:
- Victoria Street - $4 per hour, maximum $24 per session
- Civic - $4 per hour, maximum $24 per session
- Downtown - $4.50 per hour, maximum $40 per session
- Weeknights and weekends
- Secure Parking NZ offer a $5 weeknight and weekend parking rate (with $1.10 booking fee) with online booking at the Chancery and Federal Street car parks.
- Weekday evenings and weekends at Victoria Street and Downtown, is $2 per hour to a maximum of $10.
- Parking at the Civic carpark on weekday evenings, with entry after 6pm, is a flat fee of $12. On weekends, a $2 hourly rate with a $12 cap applies.
- For full details about Auckland Transport car parking buildings and rates, go to their website here.
Parking building locations
Find more information on where carparks are located, their opening times and parking rates.