The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) offers a range of services to support businesses looking to employ new staff, including:
- No fee recruitment services that connect employers to New Zealand's largest pool of job seekers.
- Support for wages and training, such as:
- Contributing to wages and training for pre-employment, in-work or short-term training.
- Advice to help new staff settle into your workplace.
- Contributing to workplace modifications, on-the-job support and wages for candidates with a health condition or disability.
If an employer has a candidate who needs additional support, MSD offers the following programmes:
- Flexi-wage financial support to help pay and upskill a new employee
- Mana in Mahi connects employers with people who are keen to have a long-term career. MSD can help pay for pre-employment training, provide a wage subsidy to help offset the time you business will need to invest in their training and ongoing development and help pay for industry training and course fees.
- Skills for Industry: If your candidate needs specific skills, MSD can help with training.
- Connected: Helps New Zealanders connect to the wide range of Employment, Education and Training support and advice available through government agencies. More information about Connected is here.
Visit www.workandincome.govt.nz/employers to find out more and to connect with MSD