Over 80 Cheap & Cheerful Eats offers make the city centre a mouthwatering prospect in May
From 1 - 31 May, over 80 Heart of the City cafés, bars and eateries will be serving up Cheap & Cheerful Eats for $15 or less.
Whether diners are in the mood for dumplings or burgers, a coffee and something sweet or something salty with a cold beer, Cheap & Cheerful Eats are perfect for grabbing a bite before a giggle at the New Zealand International Comedy Festival, catching up with a friend over lunch or seizing the opportunity for an office social club outing.
“We have a diverse and delicious range of eateries here in the city centre, and they’ve come up with some offers to entice diners this May”, says Viv Beck, Heart of the City Chief Executive.
“The past year has been full of challenges for the hospitality sector, but many operators have been enjoying the effects of the bumper events line-up this year. There are plenty more great events ahead, with the New Zealand International Comedy Festival, Auckland Writers Festival and the Royal New Zealand Ballet’s Giselle all taking place in May. We expect Cheap & Cheerful Eats will go down a treat with event-goers as well as those who work and live in the city centre.”
A brief taster of the offers on the menu for $15 or less next month:
- A feast of pork buns and Xiao Long Bao at Little Yum - $12.80
- A Croque Monsieur with a regular coffee at the Auckland Art Gallery café for $15
- A pub classic Fish & Chips meal at The Shakespeare for $15
- Tonkotsu ramen and deep-fried pork gyoza at Ramen Daikoku - $15
- Spiced beef taquitos with a margarita at The Mexican Café - $14
- A bagel with choice of spread and a coffee at Best Ugly Bagels - $10
- A snack Otsumami (Japanese bar snacks) plate with a beer at Tanuki’s Cave - $15
- Food and action with the pizza & mini-golf combo at Holey Moley - $15
- A 1-foot lunchtime pizza at Dr Rudi’s for $12
- Two items from the ‘steamed and fried’ menu at Hawker & Roll for $15