Retailers: be part of bringing the Christmas cheer this year!
Be in to win $10,000 in prizes for your Christmas windows
Dress your window, entice shoppers and win!
Your Christmas windows are a great way to draw customers into your store during this important retail season and also add to the overall festive feeling in the city centre.
So we’re inviting businesses to take part in our Christmas window competition, with $10,000 in prizes on offer!
What our judges will be looking for in your windows:
- Festiveness - does it convey Christmas, celebration, summer or something a bit special?
- Creativity - is it something different, something ingenious or something with X factor?
- Street Appeal – is it eyecatching, does it pop?
$10,000 in prizes for city centre businesses
- 3 x $2000 cash prizes
- 20 x $200 vouchers to spend in the Heart of the City
Join in to win
Entries close 5pm, 1 December 2020 - to be eligible to win you must do the following by this time:
Dress your shop window with festiveness creativity and street appeal in mind – see here for detail. All window dressing costs are the responsibility of the business.
Register your entry by completing and submitting the entry form here
Complete your entry by submitting 1-3 photos of the window by email to email@example.com to assist with judging
For any queries, contact Sarah Hamilton-Hibbard on (09) 379 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions apply - see below for details.
Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition, you are confirming that you own or represent the business to which the entry relates and that you accept these terms and conditions on behalf of the named business. Heart of the City may cancel or vary the competition at any time and is not liable for any loss or costs incurred by the businesses as a result of any variation or cancellation.
- This competition is open to retail businesses located within the Heart of the City boundary
- Businesses with more than one retail business within the Heart of the City boundary may enter once per location.
- Businesses must have a window visible to the public, which is available to be dressed for the competition.
- Employees of Heart of the City or their immediate families are not eligible to enter
To enter the competition all entrants must do the following by 5pm, 1 December 2020:
- Dress your shop window with festiveness, creativity and street appeal in mind – see above for detail. All window dressing costs are the responsibility of the business.
- Register your entry by completing and submitting the entry form here
- Complete your entry by submitting 1-3 photos of the window by email to email@example.com to assist with judging.
Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Selection of winners
When selecting winners, we will be looking at three qualities - festiveness, creativity and street appeal. Consideration will be given by the judging panel to awarding prizes across the diversity of the city centre retail mix.
3 x Winners: $2000 cash prize each
- Winners will be selected by Heart of the City and additional guest judge(s) at its discretion. The decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. HOTC reserves the right to select/not select any competition entry, at its sole discretion. HOTC also reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of the Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the competition or won a prize by using fraudulent means.
- Winners will be selected by 5pm on 10 December 2020 and all winners will be contacted by phone and email using the contact details provided. If a winner does not respond by 5pm on 14 December 2020 to accept the prize with their business bank account details, another winner will be selected in their place.
- Payment will be paid into the nominated account on 19 December 2020
20 x Heart of Christmas awards: $200 of city centre vouchers each
- 20 Heart of Christmas award winners will be selected by 5pm on 10 December 2020 and all winners will be contacted by email using the contact details provided. If a winner does not respond by 5pm on 14 December, another winner will be selected in their place.
- Winners must notify Heart of the City of their choice of business for a $200 by 5pm on 14 December 2020. The nominated business must be from a Heart of the City business from which vouchers are available. Heart of the City will endeavour to distribute all vouchers to the winners by 5pm on 23 December.
Heart of the City retains the right to photograph the shop window of entrants, and use these images to promote the competition or Christmas in the city centre this year, or in future years, in unpaid or paid media.
Heart of the City will retain competition entry details and images supplied by entrants as digital records of the competition unless requested otherwise.