Auckland city centre the place to be this Black Friday
More than 100 city centre retailers set to offer deals on Black Friday (Friday 29 November)
With one of the biggest shopping events of the year, Black Friday, just around the corner, Heart of the City says it’s a great reason to come and make the most of the special deals and sales ranging from 15% to 60% off in the city centre.
Those looking to get a head start on their Christmas shopping, or simply make some savvy purchases, will have access to more than 100 sales as well as other special offers and promotions, across the city centre’s diverse array of retailers – from fashion, beauty and accessories right through to homeware, art, wine and specialty gift stores.
Heart of the City Chief Executive Viv Beck says that with Black Friday becoming an increasingly significant shopping event in the city centre, it will be well worth heading to the city centre’s shops, boutiques and department stores on the day.
“We know there are some fantastic deals to be had in the city centre, so why not take some time to come and be part of the Black Friday fun? While you’re here, you can also take the opportunity to sample a new restaurant, café or bar at one of our world-class hospitality options.”
While many stores are keeping the details of their sales under wraps until just before the big day, some city centre retailers have started spreading the news – and excitement – of their Black Friday sales.
SuperDry and H&M will be offering 20% off storewide, while Smith & Caughey’s and Sephora will offer 25% off and 15% off, respectively, storewide. Swedish accessories brand Daniel Wellington is offering a free accessory with any watch purchase, as well as 50% off selected watches, while The Kitchen Shop will be offering 20% - 50% off on a range of items and Coach 20% off selected items.*
“From big brands and global retailers right down to the stores and boutiques that can only be found in the city centre – like Daniel Wellington, Sephora and SuperDry – the sheer diversity of shops on offer here make the city centre a great place to shop this Black Friday,” says Beck.
“And if you can’t make it in during the day you can still get some Black Friday shopping in after work as many stores in the city centre will be open later on Friday.”
Heart of the City will be revealing the full list of city centre retailers participating in Black Friday on the evening of Thursday 28th November at www.heartofthecity.co.nz/blackfriday
A taste of what to expect from Black Friday in the city centre:
- Coach: 20% off select styles* Thursday 28 November – Sunday 1 December (*Excludes: Tabby family, Hadley family, Troupe family, Charlie bucket bag, gift vouchers, product care and watches)
- Daniel Wellington: Free accessory (bracelet, ring or strap) with any watch purchase and 50% off selected watches* Mon 25 November 25th – Mon 2 December (*Offers cannot be combined)
- H&M: 20% off storewide* on Friday 29 November (*Terms and conditions apply)
- Sephora: 15% off storewide (excluding Dyson) on Thursday 28 November for Sephora Beauty Pass members only and on Friday 29 – Saturday 30 November for all customers
- Smith & Caughey’s: 25% off storewide* on Friday 29 November, open 9am – 9.30pm (*Exclusions apply)
- Superdry: 20% off storewide* from Friday 29 November – Monday 2 December (*Terms and conditions apply)
- The Kitchen Shop: 50% off Global Japanese knife block sets, 50% off Chasseur French cast iron casseroles, 25% off Kai Shun Japanese knives, 25% off Zwilling German knife block sets 25% of Bialetti stovetop espresso pots, 20% off European glass drinkware on Friday 29 November (Terms and conditions apply)
- Iko Iko: Details of Black Friday promotion to be revealed on Thursday 28 November
- Le Creuset: Details of Black Friday promotion to be revealed on Thursday 28 November
The full list of city centre retailers participating in Black Friday to be revealed on the evening of Thursday 28 November at www.heartofthecity.co.nz/blackfriday