City Rail Link update - traffic changes on and around Albert Street
There are a lot more work activities happening on the surface as the City Rail Link (CRL) project moves towards completing the construction of the tunnel box and starts working its way back to the road surface.
As a result, there are several upcoming traffic changes on Albert Street to be aware of.
Road closure - Thursday 28 March 2019 (for 5 weeks)
- Wyndham Street east will be closed for five weeks.
- Left turn stopped from Albert Street into Wydham Street or from Wydham Street into Albert Street during this closure.
- Pedestrian access and street car parks will be maintained on Wyndham Street outside of the road closure.
Traffic diversion and slip lane closure - Monday 1 April 2019 (for 5 weeks)
- The Slip lane outside Barclay Suites will be closed. Albert Street southbound will be diverted over the bridge.
- The upper eastern footpath on the bridge outside Barclay Suites all the way to Victoria Street will be reopened.
- No left turn will be allowed from Albert Street into Wydham Street.
Traffic diversion - Mid to Late April 2019
- Albert Street northbound traffic between Wyndham to Swanson Streets will be diverted.
- The footpath on the western side of Albert Street will be maintained but narrowed.
- A temporary driveway will be built on Albert Street for accessing the parking located between Shakespeare and Ellice Rd.